A humidifier is a kind of household appliance, and it is easiest to see a humidifier in a relatively dry place. Living in a too-dry environment is harmful to our skin, at this time, using an air humidifier can effectively solve this problem. So it has been welcomed by many people, today we will share some knowledge about the humidifier.
What is an air humidifier?
An air humidifier, as the name suggests, is a household appliance that increases air humidity. It is generally divided into household and commercial air humidifiers. Generally, the water is atomized by ultrasonic wave, and the atomized water vapor is blown out of the shell through a fan so that the air is humidified and accompanied by abundant negative oxygen ions to achieve the effect of humidifying the air. It can freshen the air, improve people's health, and create a comfortable environment.
What is the role of an air humidifier?
The air humidifier has many functions. As long as everyone uses it correctly, it can promote the health of the human body.
Increase the humidity of the air and improve human immunity. This is its most basic purpose.
It can effectively remove paint smell, musty smell, smoke smell, and odor, making the air fresher.
Moisturize the skin, nourish and beautify, relieve fatigue.
Adding plant essential oils or medicinal liquids and other auxiliary agents can help cure diseases and nourish the mind and have the effect of health care and physiotherapy.
How to choose an air humidifier
There are many types of air humidifiers, and the types used are different in different places and areas. When buying an air humidifier, how do you choose a healthy, practical, and suitable air humidifier?
Look at the size of the house. Too dry or too wet is not good, only scientific humidification can better take care of everyone’s health.
Try to choose brand products with an after-sales guarantee.
See feature selection. The air humidifier has many functions, including beauty, aromatherapy, sterilization, air purification, etc., but automatic power-off and intelligent constant temperature functions are indispensable.
How to use an air humidifier?
- When using a humidifier, it is not necessary to increase the humidity as much as possible. It should not be too low or too high. It should be kept between 40~60%RH. The humidification volume of the humidifier should be controlled between 300~350ml per hour.
- Various humidifiers have different requirements for water quality, such as pure water for pure humidifiers, pure water or distilled water for ultrasonic humidifiers, and ordinary water for electric heating humidifiers.
- The water in the water tank of the humidifier may be used up at any time and the machine will be damaged by dry burning when idling. Therefore, try to use products with automatic protection against water shortage. At the same time, pay attention to the water storage in the water tank and provide timely replenishment.
- The water tank, transducer film, and other parts that are prone to scale should be cleaned once a week. Cleaning with a soft cloth, soft brush, and water. Do not use detergent, kerosene, alcohol, etc. to clean the body and components, and do not use hard objects scrape off the scale to avoid damage to the parts.
- It is best placed on a flat surface 0.5~1.5m above the ground, away from heat sources and corrosive substances. It is strictly forbidden to touch the nozzle during use to prevent scalding. If there is a failure, it should be shut down for maintenance immediately.
How to avoid the potential danger of an air humidifier
We have seen many good uses of air humidifiers. However, many things have side effects. If used incorrectly, it will backfire and bring more serious harm. How can we avoid the hazards of air humidifiers? First of all, it is recommended that you use a small household air humidifier, the correct method of use is as follows:
- The air humidifier cannot be used all day, and it is best to keep it at 30 minutes each time. Long-term use will not purify the air but will increase the possibility of respiratory diseases. If there are pregnant women, should not add aromatherapy, essential oils, etc., to avoid discomfort.
- The air humidifier should be cleaned regularly. It is best to change the water once a day and clean it once a week to disperse the microorganisms in the waterproofing into the air and affect the health of family members, especially the elderly and children. The water tank and base of the humidifier can be cleaned with clean water, or you can use a soft brush dipped in vinegar, wipe and clean, remember to rinse with clean water.
- It is necessary to adjust the working state of the air humidifier according to the changes in weather and temperature. If the air humidity is too high, people will feel chest tightness and difficulty breathing. It is recommended to choose a humidifier with smart mode and humidity control.
- It is best not to use tap water for air humidifiers. Various minerals in the water will affect the service life of the evaporator of the air humidifier, and the water mist may produce a white powder, polluting the indoor air. Ultrasonic humidifiers are recommended to use pure water or distilled water to avoid scale formation, while cold evaporative humidifiers can use tap water, but the filter should be cleaned and replaced in time.
Tips for using an air humidifier
Through practice, the air humidifier has been used, such as the use of some small skills, it can give full play to its functions, and better protect everyone's health.
- Adding Houttuynia injection or antiviral oral liquid in proportion to the water tank of the air humidifier can effectively prevent influenza. (You can ask the doctor for guidance)
- Add disinfectant to the water tank to clean and disinfect the room. (No one can be present during disinfection, or use according to the instructions)
- Add a few drops of vinegar to the air humidifier to have a sterilizing effect.
- Add a few drops of mosquito repellents to the air humidifier to relieve children's nasal congestion.
- Dropping lavender essential oil into the air humidifier can improve sleep quality.
- Add 3 or 4 drops of lemon essential oil to the water tank to whiten and lubricate the skin.
- Adding light saltwater to the water tank can relieve sore throat and chronic pharyngitis.
- When cutting onions, turn on an air humidifier to avoid tears.
- Put an air humidifier next to the computer to remove static electricity.